Friday, 15 April 2011

College Life #1: Taylor's?

Brand new blog! To start off, I recently enrolled in Taylor's Diploma in Communications class at their Lakeside Campus! It is insanely HUGE.


This college is so cool, first time I stepped foot in here I was afraid I might get lost. The walkway are constantly filled with students going from class to class, it is THAT busy. 'Fortunenately' for me most of my classes are located at either block D or E, which is at the end of the block. The facilities here are good, no problems finding a toilet but one thing I find unusual is that there are only toilets for ONE gender on each floor. Another thing I really like about Taylor's! There are Food and Beverages vending machines eeeeeeeverywhere. Before I found out about the vending machines I thought I'd have to walk all the way to the Syopz area to get a bottle of water but thankfully they have vending machines everywhere. Classes are very well designed, well one thing I like is that there are Air Conditioners in the class and that is a very big deal for me because I am from a goverment school where classes do not have air conditioners. To make it simple, it trumphs my previous school, obviously. Sorry SMKDJ but its the truth, Taylor's is awesome. Also there are shops around at the Syopz area. They have F&B outlets book stores, convinient stores and etc. There are F&B outlets such as

Starbucks Coffee

Xiah's Kitchen,

Baskin Robbins

V Cafe,
Grub,
Face to Face,
Subway

and there is also there is a sandwich shop at the block where the classes are located at level 1 called The Norweigan Sandwich Shop. Also there is the college's bookstore called Emo bookstore just behind Starbucks and also other shops which I haven't really explored yet. Another feature I find amazing in Taylor's is their amazing four story high library. It is the biggest library I have ever seen in my life, simply breath taking. Each floor is packed with facilities and endless amounts of books to choose from. On the ground floor you'll find some room which students can use for assignment meetings and such and a leisure area under the stairs. On the first floor I noticed that the book shelves were suspended which was really cool to me, there is also a Mac Lab and PC Lab on the first floor which students can use when there are no classes being carried out. Next to the labs also on the first floor is an area where students can print assignemnts and documents. On the second floor there are MORE books and tables for students to use, I haven't really explored onwards because I don't usually get a chance to explore because of my class timing but overall its good. Well I can safely say I am nothing but happy to be in Taylor's, it's definitely a step up from what I'm used to and I DEFINITELY will get used to this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Something Different. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.