Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Superman?

So Superman? Strongest man ever? Sort off but.... not exactly. For people who know me pretty well, you'd know I'm am pretty 'in' to fitness, sports,working out and basically being active. The man I'm writing about today is dubbed as 'The Unstoppable Athlete' due to his recent feat of completing 30 different sports in 30 straight days. This man's name is Sam Tickle. Some may question is it actually possible for a human being to put that much stress on their bodies and make it through something like this? 30 days of endless sports, everyday something new. This challenge is titled officially 'The Unstoppable Tour'.  Here's a list of all the 30 sports this man completed:

  • Sea Kayaking
  • Speed Skating
  • Rugby
  • Swimming
  • Boxing
  • Soccer
  • Octopush (bet no one has heard of this)
  • Rowing
  • Basketball
  • Tower Running
  • Sepak Takraw
  • Baseball
  • Cyclocross
  • Speed Golf
  • Sand Boarding
  • Power Yoga
  • Fire Fighter Fitness
  • Endurance Riding (Horse Riding)
  • Football
  • Volleyball
  • Rock Climbing
  • Ultimate
  • Ju-Jitsu
  • Rafting
  • Fencing
  • Mountain Biking
  • Kite Boarding
  • Street Hockey
  • Surfing
  • Marathon
Forgive me for the insanely long list but I wouldn't want you guys to miss any details. There are a few I personally find interesting. For one Octopushing, I honestly had no clue what this was when I first saw the title and when I saw the video of it... well it still didn't make much sense to me but I thought it was really interesting because it's new to me. Besides that Tower Running, Fire Fighter Fitness, Rock Climbing and Kite Boarding. I'll post videos of Sam doing those sports so you guys can get a good look of what it's like. And by the way, I'm sorry if it takes you guys 10 years to watch the videos. It takes awhile to appear but the loading should be fast once the video appears.

The first video is on OCTOPUSH, well basicly in a nutshell octopush is underwater hockey except you have a shorter stick and you swim around. Sounds simple but again not so much....

Cool huh? This is the second sport I know that involves water besides water polo. Would love to give this a try if I ever get the chance.

Next off, Tower Running! Now this is really really really REALLY insane. The amount of strength required to just do this is just outrageous. I never knew this was even a sport. Wonder what it is? Check it out below

So there it is. Climbing the Willis Tower.. BY STAIRS. 110 stories high and 25,000 miles of plumming and 75,000 tons of steel. This guy is pretty much unstoppable right now but there's more!

Next up is Fire Fighter Training. This is not really a sport from my view but it's amazing as well because you get to see what sort of physical condition you have to be in to even qualify to be a fireman. It's no walk in the park for anyone. Just watch what he has to go through.

Think you can do it? Maybe you could but you won't be able to move for a week after that sort of physical torture.

Now we come to ROCK CLIMBING! Like real rock climbing. This is something I've always wanted to do, I love to test myself with physical activities like this, only thing is I've never really gotten the chance to sadly. But here is a video of what it's like


Check out the view from the top. One day I swear I'm going to rock climb!

Last off Kite Boarding! Extreme! Crazy! and FUN! Well it looks fun atleast. If only they had this in Malaysia, DO they have this in Malaysia? If so please tell me where I want to try this. It looks awesome. As you can tell I love some extreme sports. Check out Sam taking on Kite Boarding!


He did a pretty good job. I can't say I would've done any better because I doubt so, but would love to atleast try it some time. All this talk about sports has got me excited to do them right now. Well that's basicly it for this post, hope you guys liked it and grow a love for sports IF you don't already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Something Different. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.